Adolescent Substance Abuse Programs is available to help with programs and professionals who are the leaders in the field. We offer programs that are evolving to meet the changing needs of adolescent substance abusers. Our professionals not only treat adolescent substance abusers, but have been training other substance abuse professionals for more than two decades.
In your time of need ASAP is ready to forge a partnership to help your family overcome the traumas that substance abuse creates.
With highly qualified, licensed therapists and a staff that cares about you and your adolescent, ASAP treatment blends strategies that are known to be effective with innovations, which will enhance treatment success.
No other treatment program can say that. Don't let your child make the choice for or against treatment. His/her thinking may be controlled by substance use and denial. If your child has a problem, get the help your child needs.
A letter to parents
You are about to make a decision that will impact the rest of your child's life. This can feel like an overwhelming prospect, but rest assured, ASAP is here to help you make the best possible choice.
When a parent confronts a child's problem with alcohol or drugs it can be shocking and traumatic. Parents and teens often feel anger, fear, disbelief, resentment, and sadness among other emotions. A professional assessment can help you make a treatment choice that is right for your child and your family.
At ASAP we have made it our goal to provide the highest level of care that is available to adolescents and their families. To accomplish this ASAP concentrates on only one thing: adolescents with addictions.
When a crisis like this occurs, you rarely have time to consider your own feelings and frustrations because you must act. At the same time, you want to make the right decisions. After you have contacted your insurance company for the approved providers in your area, you should ask yourself three questions:
- What is the best treatment for my child?
- The professionals at Adolescent Substance Abuse Programs will help you determine if treatment is necessary and what would be the most appropriate level of care. This may include: individual treatment, intensive outpatient, inpatient, or something different for your child. Our recommendations are based on American Society of Addiction Medicine criteria, several tests, a parental assessment, and the clinical interview.
- Who would be the best provider?
- As the only program in the region that exclusively treats adolescent addictions, we focus our efforts on your child and you. With decades of combined experience, proven methods, and a convenient, suburban location, it is not a surprise that Adolescent Substance Abuse Programs has contracts with all major insurance companies and is a preferred provider for local hospitals and school districts. Our knowledgeable, caring staff can help navigate you through the maze of insurance benefits and make an appointment for your assessment in a timely manner. In our last survey (2012) 87% of the clients said that they would recommend Adolescent Substance Abuse Programs for others in need of care.
- When can we start?
- We are committed to offering you an assessment time within 48 hours of a call. Once the assessment is completed and recommendations are made, we will work with you and your teen to make any referral necessary as quickly as possible. If this referral is to an ASAP program, your treatment can start almost immediately after the assessment is complete.
Proven Strategies ASAP Incorporates
- Qualified staff
- Use of 12 step principles
- Referral to self-help/support groups
- Comprehensive assessment
- Psycho-education groups
- Assist parents in completion of FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) paperwork
- Coordination of care with referral sources
- Family involvement in treatment
- Drug and Alcohol free contract with adolescent
- Motivational Interviewing and Cognitive Behavioral Techniques
- Coping skills and relapse prevention groups
- Drug intervention groups
- Referral to additional providers when necessary
- Coordination of care with other professionals
Unique Innovations Make ASAP The Program Of Choice
- A psychologist with direct treatment responsibility
- Single gender groups held weekly
- Random drug screens included in intensive outpatient programs
- Parent involvement twice weekly
- Individual counseling sessions during treatment
- Continuing care for graduates at a nominal fee
- Support for on-site AA/NA meetings
- Individualized continuing care planning
- Early termination prevention
What you can expect when you choose ASAP
- For Your Teen:
- Provide abstinence expectations during treatment and beyond
- General drug and alcohol education
- Drug and alcohol avoidance skills
- Resistance to peer pressure to use drugs and alcohol
- Assertiveness training
- Conflict resolution skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Anger management
- Relaxation training
- Social network development
- Leisure time management
- Improved communication
- For yourself:
- Education about alcohol and drug dependency
- Reduction in enabling and codependence
- Increased communication at home
- Development of new parenting strategies
- Support from those who understand
- Staff who are available to help
- Greater understanding of adolescent development
- Networking with other parents