How do you know if ASAP is needed? Here is a simple self test that can help one assess whether ASAP would be beneficial. If you are a concerned parent, feel free to use these questions to help determine the severity of your adolescents drug or alcohol use. If you answer yes to more than two questions there is treatment at ASAP that can help.
Do you have an alcohol or drug problem?
- Do you lose time from school due to drinking or getting high?
- Have you ever gotten high or drunk before school?
- Has anyone said they were worried about you because you have been getting high or drinking?
- Have your grades gotten worse recently?
- Have your friends changed recently?
- Have you ever woken up and asked others what happened the night before?
- Do you give reasons when others ask you why you drink or use drugs?
- Have you ever tried to control how much you drink or use?
- Have you ever felt uncomfortable or ‘bad’ for something you did or said while you were drinking or getting high?
- Have your parents said they were worried about you? (Even if they didn’t know why)
- Have you lied to anyone about your alcohol and/or drug use?
- Have you ever wondered if you had a problem with alcohol or drugs?
- Have you ever been in trouble with school or with the court system?